You'll need three kinds of things on your computer to take advantage of what you can do with Habi Makeover. You need two application programs (apps) to view and redecorate your decorated habitats and you'll need some habitat files to play with.
The most important thing to remember is that, unlike on SPP.com, you will not be doing re-decorating on a website or on the Internet. Habi Makeover is a program that installs onto your computer and it needs some SPP Lite habitats to make an inventory out of. If you have some from to your own page on SPP.com you can use those. You can also get them from friends or from the Gifting Group on the Habi Makeover Community. Once you have downloaded habitats and made an inventory, you will be decorating right on your own computer.
Three components for decorating offlineEdit
To redecorate, you need habitats and you need two apps installed on your computer. For each of the three things, read the summary, but there are more details on what to do in the "Main article" links under each heading.
- Main article: Habi Makeover
- Main article: SuperPoke! Pets Lite
- Main article: Downloading habitats
Creating an inventory on your hard diskEdit
- Main article: Creating a local inventory in Habi Makeover
The first step to working with your habitats in Habi Makeover is to create an inventory of items on your local hard disk. These items will be available for your decorating later. There are two main ways to create an inventory on your hard disk.
- Every time you open a habitat with Habi Makeover, the app scans your file looking for any items that you do not have in your inventory and adds any items that are missing.
- If you have several decorated habitats to scan for new items, you can use the "Extract habi items to inventory" function. This function allows you to choose several files at once and they will be scanned one by one.
Redecorating with Habi MakeoverEdit
Once you have an inventory on your hard disk, you are ready to start redecorating a habitat.
- Open a regular decorated habitat. This will be one of the regular habitats that you downloaded from your SPP.com home page or one that you decorated and saved earlier in Habi Makeover. You can't use an inventory file for this; it has to be a regular SPP Lite Habitat file.
- If you don't want the items in the habitat you have loaded, you can delete all items. If you want a different habitat background, you can switch to one in your inventory.
- You can now start adding clothing, accessories, and effects. If you want to keep the finished habitat, don't forget to save it.